Monday 9 January 2012

You're an Animal, Viskovitz!, by Alessandro Boffa - a one word review



Forgive my the inarticulate nature of this post, but here's my one word review of You're an Animal, Viskovitz! by Alessandro Boffa:

'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

I'll admit 17 exclamation marks don't strictly constitute a word, but this most accurately sums up my reaction to this book. I'm a sucker for non-human narrators in serious literature, so this series of anthropomorphic tales hooked me before I'd started reading. (You may have gathered I'm a sucker for wacky titles too.) I use the term 'serious literature' despite the fact that it's described as 'comic' on the cover. For all its laugh-out-loud moments, Boffa's book is thoughtful, philosophical and pretty mind-blowing, hence my '!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'.

More information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment