Monday 12 April 2010

Incwriters Blog

Writers and editors at Dog Horn Publishing are the guest bloggers for the month of April at www.incwriters.co.uk.

This is my contribution:

A History of Sarcasm: A Non-Rock and Roll Tour Diary
By Frank Burton



January 13th 2010

Total cock-up. I spent a lot of time over the last couple of weeks sending out invites, handing out flyers and putting up posters for tonight’s event at Winchester Discovery Centre. Went on BBC Radio Solent in the afternoon, half an hour after being told the event was officially cancelled due to heavy snow. Gave a strangely upbeat interview, saying how much I loved the snow, even though it was responsible for the cancellation of my gig (and for a few people getting killed, etc, etc). The interviewer asked me if I’m inspired by beautiful things, and I said no, I think beautiful things are works of art in themselves. That’s why I like to write about people and their crazy habits.

Read the rest here

No comments:

Post a Comment